Welcome to Season 2 of the DUPLAYS Basketball League!
Wednesday League is a recreational/social basketball league. It's one of DUPLAYS' most popular leagues and is known for it's great atmosphere, friendly vibe, and simply for being fun league to play in after work! The Wednesday league is for players that already played in the amateur and college level before.
Please note that this league will get booked up fast! Team places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority going to teams who have paid upfront.
Payment terms: PLEASE NOTE CHANGES FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS
A 10% DISCOUNT WILL APPLY TO TEAMS WHO PAY ONLINE ON OR BEFORE MARCH 22ND!
- Paying online via your credit card is the best way to guarantee your spot All teams/individuals must pay before league starts ·
- Games will not start if payment has not been received by week 2 - walkovers will be awarded against teams who don't pay ·
- Paying on time allows us to better gauge player/team commitment AHEAD of the league start date which means few no-shows and a better playing experience!
SIGN UP PROCESS:
Signing up a TEAM?
- Ensure you have minimum of 5 players
- Team fee is AED 3,500 and if must be paid in full to guarantee your spot. Best way is online via credit card.
- We recommend a team of no less than 9 players to provide adequate cover throughout the season
- Note that your registration is not complete until DUPLAYS receives the full team payment for the league
- We fill our leagues on a first-paid basis
Signing up as an INDIVIDUAL?
- No problem! Sign up and select the team list as “Free Agents” from the drop down menu.
- Individual fee for the 8 week league is 500 AED You will be allocated to a team with other awesome players!
- You will receive an email 2-4 days prior to the start date of the league with your team details and schedule
- To make your payment for an individual and to secure your spot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have signed up and we will send you a personal link to pay online.
- 2 halves of 20 minutes each
- Substitution only during dead ball situation or timeouts
- Running time (stop time last 1 minute of the first half and 2 minutes of the second half)
- Time out (one in first half and two in second half)
- 8 team fouls before bonus and 8 personal fouls before someone graduates
- Technical foul for not wearing company/similar uniform – 2 free throw will be awarded to opponent
- Quick inbound is not allowed all through out the game
- 2 minutes additional time if in case of tie after regulation and after each overtime until one team wins
- Borrowing other players from other team is allowed as long as there's permission from opponent's team
- If a team does not arrive in the scheduled game time, 15 minutes allowance will be given. After the 15 minutes and the team didn’t arrive the opponent will be awarded a win
- Referee’s decision is final, avoid arguing with the referee
- Ringers are not allowed during playoffs, make sure all players played at least 3 elimination games
- Fighting/Serious Offence: disqualified and banned from league
- Clear your garbage when you leave the courts
- All other rules except for DUPLAYS ground rules will be from FIBA
Want to help out more as an admin or referee/umpire?
DUPLAYS organises sport leagues for amateur athletes of all skill levels and as we grow, we are constantly looking for awesome DUPLAYS admins & referees/umpires who become the "face" of our leagues. If you love sport, like meeting new people in a social environment, consider joining our part-time team. Email us email@example.com