Welcome to Season 2 of the DUPLAYS Ultimate Frisbee League!
Ultimate Frisbee on Sundays is a recreational level of play. This is a great social league to meet new people in Dubai! DUPLAYS is Dubai's largest sport & social club with over 5,000 people playing a sport they love every week!
SIGN UP PROCESS:
Signing up a TEAM?
- Ensure you have minimum of 6 players
- Team fee is AED 5,000 and if must be paid in full to guarantee your spot. The best way is online via debit/credit card.
- We recommend a team of no less than 9 players to provide adequate cover throughout the season
- Note that your registration is not complete until DUPLAYS receives the full team payment for the league
- We fill our leagues on a first-paid basis
Signing up as an INDIVIDUAL?
- No problem! Sign up and select the team list as “Free Agents” from the drop down menu.
- Individual fee for the 6-week league is 500 AED
- You will be allocated to a team with other awesome players!
- You will receive an email 2-4 days prior to the start date of the league with your team details and schedule
- Ultimate is a non-contact, self-refereed team sport played with a flying disc (or FrisbeeTM).
- Two teams of seven players compete on a playing field about the same length as a football field, but narrower. At each end of the playing field, there is an end zone. Each team defends one end zone. They score a goal if one of their players catches the disc in the opposite end zone.
- The player with the disc is called the thrower. The thrower may not run with the disc. Instead, they move the disc by passing to team-mates in any direction.
- The defensive team gets possession of the disc if an offensive team’s throw is not caught by a player of the same team. Then the defensive team becomes the offensive team and can try to score in the opposite end zone.
- The gameplay ends with the first change in possession after the timer goes - play continues until the team with the disc either scores or drops it.
- A detailed copy of the rules will be emailed to all team captains closer to the commencement date.
Payment terms: PLEASE NOTE CHANGES FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS
Paying online via your debit/credit card is the best way to guarantee your spot! You will be charged an extra 3% (paid to merchant bank). All teams/individuals must pay before league starts. Only players that pay in full before league starts will receive their DUPLAYS shirts in Week 1. Teams who have not paid by Week 2 will be removed from the schedule. Paying on time allows us to better gauge player/team commitment AHEAD of the league start date which means few no-shows and a better playing experience! No exceptions this season!
DUPLAYS only grants refunds in certain cases of injury, job relocation, or in agreed special circumstances. The rule is to refund a prorated amount based on the number of weeks of participation plus one. Example: If the participant is active for only 3 weeks, then DUPLAYS will keep payment for 3 + 1 weeks and the remainder is eligible for the refund.
Please note, that 5% administration charge will be deducted from the refundable amount.
Want to help out more as an admin or referee/umpire?
DUPLAYS organizes sports leagues for amateur athletes of all skill levels and as we grow, we are constantly looking for awesome DUPLAYS admins & referees/umpires who become the "face" of our leagues. If you love sport, like meeting new people in a social environment, consider joining our part-time team. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org