Welcome to DUPLAYS Mixed Netball League 2017!
The most popular women league in the region can now be played with men! The Mixed league is for players that already have a background of the game. Professionals or A-players are not welcome in this league!
Please note that this league will get booked up fast! Team places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority going to teams who have paid upfront.
- Pay online and get 10% off team fee. Discount is valid for online payments only and expires on 10th of July
- Paying online via your credit card is the best way to guarantee your spot!
- All teams/individuals must pay before league starts
- Teams who have not paid by Week 2 will be removed from the schedule
- Paying on time allows us to better gauge player/team commitment AHEAD of the league start date which means few no-shows and a better playing experience!
- DUPLAYS only grants refunds in certain cases of injury, job relocation, or in agreed special circumstances. The rule is to refund a prorated amount based on the number of weeks of participation plus one. Example: If the participant is active for only 3 weeks, then DUPLAYS will keep payment for 3 + 1 weeks and the remainder is eligible for the refund.
- 5% administration charge will be deducted from the refundable amount
SIGN UP PROCESS:
Signing up a TEAM?
- Ensure you have a minimum of 7 players Team fee is AED 2250 and if must be paid in full to guarantee your spot. The best way is online via credit card.
- We recommend a team of no less than 9 players to provide adequate cover throughout the season
- Note that your registration is not complete until DUPLAYS receives the full team payment for the league
- We fill our leagues on a first-paid basis
Signing up as an INDIVIDUAL?
- No problem! Sign up and select the team list as “Free Agents” from the drop down menu.
- Individual fee for the 5-week league is 400 AED You will be allocated to a team with other awesome players!
- You will receive an email 2-4 days prior to the start date of the league with your team details and schedule
- To make your payment for an individual and to secure your spot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have signed up and we will send you a personal link to pay online.
- Seven players maximum on the court at one time per team
- Minimum of four women and maximum of 3 men on the court at one time
- All 3 male players have to be in separate thirds of the court. E.g. 1 male playing GA or GS, one playing C, WA or WD, one playing GD or GK
- In case of a tie in the elimination, game can be decided as draw, but during playoffs, an extra 2 minutes will be played if after an extra period the scores are still tied NEXT point wins
- Asking for other team's players is allowed as long as the opponent agreed to it
- Borrowed players are not allowed to play the same position she's playing in her team
- Ringers are not allowed during playoffs, make sure all players played at least 3 elimination games
- League winner determined by most games won and then by goal difference
- Forfeit: Minimum 5 players from original team on the court to avoid forfeit
- Surface: Acrylic, any footwear except metal studs are allowed
- Fighting/Serious Offence: 2 match ban for the players indicated by the referees, a repeat and the players will be disqualified
- No Smoking anywhere on the school premises, teams will be disqualified if they don't respect this rule
- Clear your trash when you leave the court
- 4 quarters of 10 minutes each
- 1-2 minute rest time between each quarter
- Rolling substitutions only allowed during breaks
- Wear proper shoes with non-marking soles
- Nails must be short & rounded or taped and/or gloves can be worn
- No jewellery
- All other rules will be from INF
Want to help out more as an admin or referee/umpire?
DUPLAYS organises sports leagues for amateur athletes of all skill levels and as we grow, we are constantly looking for awesome DUPLAYS admins & referees/umpires who become the "face" of our leagues. If you love sport, like meeting new people in a social environment, consider joining our part-time team. Email us at email@example.com
Play Sports. Be Social